As you know, the Just Add Jeans Collection from Pattern Anthology is a collection of 4 women’s knit tops. So you may love the patterns, you may have even snagged your copy of the collection, printed out the patterns and then stopped, wondering what fabric would you or should you use. So I thought I would put together a little guide for you.
- The Fit: A slightly Greece goddess type feel to with with some drape and flow. There are pleats at the shoulder and under the bust to help create some soft shaping.
- Print Guide: You also get the chance to mix and match fabrics with the added faux cami, play with prints and designs for a fun look, or keep it simple with a solid to balance a print.
- Shown here: is a Cotton Jersey Blend with Solid Cotton Spandex.
- The Fit: A rounded yoke with pleated bodice helps create shape and structure. The cowl neckline is optional and a great style element. The top has an A-line fit which is feminine and easy to wear.
- Print Guide: You have the chance to play with prints by adding a different fabric for the cowl, or rounded yoke, and then a different fabric for the bodice. If you are using only one fabric I recommend a fabric with a simple print so you don’t loose the details of the shirt.
- Shown here: is a Black and White Striped Ponte De Roma Fabric
- The Fit: The fit and style will vary based on the knit you use. If you want a loose comfy sweatshirt feel, use a sweater knit or textured french terry, or sweatshirt knit. If you want a more structured tee shirt fit use a sturdy knit with great stretch recovery like a spandex knit. For a loose tissue like drape feel use a thin light weight knit, like a jersey knit. You can also use non-stretch fabrics, for yet another style option.
- Print Guide: The day tripper does well with prints, large and small scale designs, mixing with solids helps to ground the prints. You can make the top out of a solid fabric which is a great blank canvas for embellishments.
- Shown here: Cream polka dot Ponte De Roma and Black Solid Knit
- The Fit: A nice semi structured top with a more fitted style, slightly gathered sleeve, and peter pan collar. It is recommended to use an interlock, ponte de roma, or jersey spandex. You will want to use a slightly heavier knit to get a proper drape to the top, unless you desire a looser more slouchy fit to the top.
- Print Guide: Great with solids and prints. You can be bold and mix prints with the bodice and collar or keep them all the same, or mix solid and prints. The options are endless.
- Shown here: Red and White Ponte De Roma and Blue Floral for the collar
Also if you haven’t picked up your copy of the Just Add Jeans Collection Hurry and get it now! The collection ends this week (40% off retail!)
Big thanks to Girl Charlee with providing us with all the knit used for our collection. They are a great online source for knit fabrics of all types.