Back in September I shared a free raglan sweatshirt pattern. I made another one shortly after that but never shared it until now. I had this amazing metallic french terry from Mood. Unfortunately I only bought 1/2 yard when I first ordered it because I wasn’t sure if I would like it, or what it would be like. The knit is really cool. It’s a french terry, with about 20% stretch, and the loop side of the french terry is coated in a silver metallic.
I love the shine of the fabric. I paired it with some black sweater knit that had matching metallic polka dots. It’s from Joann Fabric but was purchased years ago and they don’t carry it any more.
You will need:
Sewing the pattern is easy. Here are the 5 basic steps.
- With right sides together, sew the front sleeve to the front bodice. (repeat for both sleeves)
- With right sides together, sew the back sleeve to the back bodice. (repeat for both sleeves)
- With right sides together, match the front and back bodice together, sew from the sleeve edge to the armpit and turn and sew down the side. (repeat for other side)
- With right sides together, fold the neckband in half width wise and sew the edges to create a loop, then fold the loop in half height wise so wrong sides are together. Repeat for the wrist cuffs and waistband.
- With right sides together, match the neckband to the neckline, stretch the neckband to fit and sew in place. Do the same for the wrist cuffs sewing them to the sleeve ends, and the waistband sewing it to the waistline.
I love the shape of the sweatshirt with the high and low hem line and slight bell shape. We paired it with her favorite ducky boots, which are my favorite as well. Scented jelly boots with ducks on them… it doesn’t get much better than that.
Pattern || Raglan Sweatshirt Free Pattern
Fabric || Metallic French Terry
Jeans || Target Jack and Cat
Boots || Mini Melissa Duck Boots