Today I am going back to the basics. I hear from a lot of people that they are intimidated by sewing with knit fabric. Today I want to put an end to the struggle and fear and demonstrate just how easy sewing with knits can be when I show you how to sew a basic tee.
First stuff first. You will need a basic tee pattern. I have a few in my shop, and a few free ones here on the blog.
Basic Tee Patterns
- Anytime at all tee (sizes 3m-8)
- Hello Tee (sizes 12m-18)
- Vera V-Neck (Womens sizes XXS-XXXL)
- Lennon Tee (teen sizes XS-XXL)
Not so basic Tee Patterns
- The Eleanor Pattern (sizes 12m-8)
- Lucille Top (sizes 12m-8)
- Helter Skelter Tee (sizes 12m-8)
- Apple Loungewear Top (sizes 12m-8)
- Day Tripper Top (Womens sizes XXS-XL)
- Carol Tee (Womens sizes XXS-XL)
- Carolina Tee (Womens sizes XXS-XXXL)
- Ebony Sweater (Teen sizes XS-XXL)
- Oxford Top (sizes 12m-8)
- Ringo Raglan (sizes 12m-8, teen sizes XS-XXL and womens sizes XXS-XXXL)
Free Tee Patterns
Other Supplies you will need
The video will cover everything you need to know to make the perfect tee including tips for working with knit bands.
How to make sure you get the perfect band and troubleshooting when things don’t go as you hope. Tips for sewing with knits including sewing machine settings and needle type.